How to use Gmail for your 1and1 email
How to use gmail for your 1and1 email for free? I have received so many thank you emails from people who used my tutorial to set up their Godaddy email on their Gmail account that I thought maybe some folks who are using 1and1 could also benefit from a similar tutorial! I know that 1and1 email platform is not better than GoDaddy, and we won’t blame them, it’s not their core business anyway. So if you are using 1and1 for your emails, and want to be able to read and write your emails on Gmail instead, GOOD NEWS! You’ve come to the right place! You can set up your 1and1 email on your gmail account and use gmail for your 1and1 email to receive and reply by following a very quick and easy tutorial below.
Use gmail for your 1and1 email:
Here is how to do it:
- Log into Gmail, or click here: www.gmail.com
- Top right corner, click on the gear
- Click on Settings
- Click on the Accounts and Import Tab
- Scroll down where it says “Check mail from other accounts (using POP3)” and click on “Add a POP3 mail account you own”
- A pop up will appear, enter your email address “email@example.com” and click on Next Step
- Under Username enter your email address “firstname.lastname@example.org”, enter the password you usually use for your email address on 1and1 email, Pop Server: pop.1and1.com and Port: 995, check the box “always use SSL” and check the “Label Incoming messages”, (Note: if you would like to keep a copy of your emails on your 1and1 server, check the box “Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server.”) and finally click on Add Account.
- Check the box “yes I want to be able to send email as…” and click on Next Step.
- Enter the name you wish to show up when sending an email (leave the box treat as Alias checked) and click on next step
- SMTP settings: SMTP server should be smtp.1and1.com – the port should be 587, and TLS enabled. Enter your username email@example.com, enter your password and click on add account.
- The last step is to verify: They will email you a confirmation code. Login one last time to your 1and1 email account from 1and1.com webmail application, and open the email from “gmail Team”. Copy and paste the number and click on “verify”. The pop up disappears, you are all set! ! Yay!
When you are all done, go back to your inbox, and scroll down to see the folders on the left under “Compose”, “Inbox”, etc… scroll down and you will see a folder with the name of the email you just added. It will take a little bit of time to get the emails to show up, but be patient! (~10-15 minutes for the first time).
Also, if you click on “Compose” and start writing in the “To” field, an arrow will show up in the “from” field and you will be able to choose what email account you want to write this email from.OK one more last step to make your life easier: go back to the settings on Gmail and under “send mail as”, see where it says “When replying to a message”? Choose the option “Reply from the same address the message was sent to”. That way you won’t have to choose from which email you want to respond from! Hope this helps! Please let us know below if you were able to set it up and share the love! NB: If you follow carefully the instructions above you should be able to set it up, but if you run into any errors and would like us to do it for you, we charge a flat fee of $50 to do it for you. Click below, send us your payment,and fill out the form on the next page and we will have one of our Project Managers set it up for you! If we cannot make it work, we will refund your money!